The reasons that people choose to become a Singapore PR are aplenty. However, here are some of the most popular reasons why many foreign people immigrate to Singapore and become a SG permanent resident. If you are interested in becoming a Singapore PR, here’s a general guideline on how long the process can take.
It can get pretty touch to get your PR application approved, you are definitely recommended to look for a PR application agency like Dream Immigration Singapore for assistance.
- As a permanent resident in Singapore, if you are taxed at the local rates, it is among the lowest personal tax rates in the entire world. For those with high income, this is a big plus point and advantage that a Singapore PR can offer.
- You will be able to stay indefinitely in Singapore. For many people, this can be a big advantage and benefit because many other countries and cities around the world may have significantly higher crime rates or natural disasters, while Singapore is thankfully void of nearly all of that.
- You can send your children to the local schools and pay subsidized rates for the school fees.
- You will be able to access most types of real estate and property in Singapore. You can now purchase executive condominiums after 5 years after its completion, Housing and Development Board flats and landed property now, while you couldn’t do the above if you were not a permanent resident in SG yet.
- You will be able to leverage healthcare and pension fund, CPF fund, benefits when you hold a Singapore permanent residence.
- You can change jobs or start businesses freely in the country, and without unnecessary restrictions which is usually applicable to foreigners, and most other visa pass holders.
- If you are a job seeker, you can apply to virtually all companies and their vacancies and have no restrictions related to your citizenship. On the other hand, if you are still a foreigner, you will experience problems like the company cannot hire foreigners until they have hit a certain number of local hires. All those problems go away if you become a permanent resident. In this regard, a permanent resident is as good as a Singaporean citizen.
As you can tell, you can reap nearly all the benefits that SG has to offer as a permanent resident in Singapore, without any of the downsides – for example you can still hold multiple passports and for most of you reading this, no need for forced conscription as well. You literally get the best of both worlds and have your cake and being able to eat it too!